Care and Cleaning of your Sheepskin Products:
Keeping your sheepskin product clean will ensure the maximum product life and wearing enjoyment. Avoid heavy soiling and exposure to water. To provide extra protection for your sheepskin product apply a ‘suede approved’ water repellant from a specialist leather care retailer. If your product does get wet, blot any excess moisture with a clean dry towel. Then allow to dry at room temperature – away from heaters or direct sunlight. When dry, gently rub the surface with a clean dry towel to restore the suede surface.
Sheepskin Footwear and Bags can be cleaned at home by following these instructions:
- Hand wash only. DO NOT use a washing machine.
- Hand wash in warm water with a wool approved detergent. GENTLY rub the upper surface with a sponge to remove stubborn marks. Do not rub aggressively as this could cause discoloration and roughen the surface.
- Rinse in clean cold water. DO NOT ALLOW TO SOAK.
- Gently squeeze out any excess water.
- Re-form the article and allow to dry naturally away from direct sunlight or heaters.
- Once the article is dry, lightly buff the suede surface with a dry towel to restore the original nap.
For hats we recommend DRY CLEANING only by an experienced leather/suede dry cleaner